Fox Meadows Independent Living in McLeansboro, IL, recently achieved the National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Silver Certification! Located a block from the McLeansboro town square, this two-story affordable housing development provides 30 dwelling units to independent seniors, and includes a variety of common spaces and outdoor patio area for residents.
Key green features at Fox Meadows Independent Living include:
- Use of materials manufactured using renewable energy
- Exceeds the IECC 2009 requirements by 17%
- Use of advance air sealing technique for energy efficiency
- Water saving showers, toilets and faucets
- Landscaping comprised of native plantings requiring no irrigation
- Low VOC paints and coatings
- All Energy Star rated light fixtures and exhaust fans
- Roof overhangs and covered porches used to protect doors and windows from precipitation and solar radiation
- Use of prefabricated floor and roof trusses and wall panels for material efficiency
WJW is proud to have been a team member on this sustainable project!