Guidelines and Technical Information
- Basic, No-Cost Green Building Strategies
This brief Best Practices document published by the American Institute of Architects outlines a few basic green building strategies that can be implemented with no added construction cost.
- Green Permit Program
Based on the LEED rating system for green buildings, The Green Permit Process offers qualifying projects an expedited permit process and possible reduction of the permit fees.
- REGREEN Residential Guidelines
A series of green guidelines for the most common types of residential remodeling projects from the American Society of Interior Designers and the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Stormwater Management Information
A series of slides containing drawings and information regarding environmentally friendly stormwater management practices.
- Costing Green: A Comprehensive Cost Database and Budgeting Methodology
Produced by cost consulting company Davis Langdon, this detailed study draws on a large database of past projects to compare construction costs of green and non-green building projects housing similar programs.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
Guidelines for the DCEO’s Office of Energy programs to promote the efficient use of energy resources through a variety of technical and demonstration programs.
- Green Illinois Funding Opportunities
green.illinois.gov contains a number of resources and links for Green Illinois Funding Opportunities.
- DSIRE (Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency)
DSIRE is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Enterprise Green Communities
Enterprise Green Communities provides grants, loans and LIHTC to assist with the development of green or sustainable affordable housing.
- Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation
The Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation\’s Program Priorites and Grant Application Guidelines.
- Chicago Community Loan Fund
Chicago Community Loan Fund provides financing for not-for-profits doing affordable housing and other community development projects.