Martin Avenue Apartments has earned 2012 National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Bronze Certification!
Located in Naperville, Illinois, the development provides 190 units of affordable housing for seniors within a renovated three-story building and a newly constructed five-story addition.
Key green building features include:
• Increased exterior insulation and air sealing
• Low-flow plumbing fixtures
• Enhanced efficiency to HVAC systems
• Installation of LED lighting to improve energy efficiency
• Use of low emitting materials and products to improve air quality
In addition to its sustainable features, the project includes amenities such as a theater room, bistro, rooftop terrace, a solarium connecting the two buildings, and extensive outdoor living space enhancements to create greater access to nature and indoor/outdoor connections for residents in the community.
WJW is proud to have been a team member on this healthy and sustainable project!